In this newsletter: Open House, Earth Day, Atcha Thai Bistro Fundraiser, Spring Concert, Multicultural Festival, Auction/Disney Report, PTA Elections
Open House - April 19th
Open house will start at 6pm. Come see what your child has been working so hard on all year long! Also, please remember that Thursday will be a minimum day.
Earth Day Clean-up April 21st
Everyone is invited to come help with the Fairmont Garden cleanup in honor of Earth Day on April 21st from 9am-noon. We'll clean up the native garden in front of the school along Stockton and Kearney as well as the garden near the Kindergarten classrooms. Please bring your own tools, gloves and water. Volunteers are eligible for a complimentary lunch at the El Cerrito Community Center from 12:30-1:30pm.
Atcha Thai Bistro Fundraiser April 21st
Come support Fairmont by eating at Atcha Thai Bistro on Saturday, April 21st. They have generously given us the option of coming for lunch (11:30-3pm) or dinner (5-9pm) and 30% of the proceeds will be donated to Fairmont. Invite your friends and family and don't forget to mention Fairmont.
Spring Concert - April 25th
The Spring Concert will be Wednesday, April 25th at 7 PM in the El Cerrito High Theater.
Featuring: Primary Music Program students, El Cerrito Aftercare Program students, Beginning/Advanced Band Musicians (4th-6th grade)
Notes for Families:
- Mr. Mark’s Music Students – all students currently in Mr. Mark’s classes (K-3 and rooms 5 & 6) are invited to join him onstage to show off our primary music instruction! Participants should arrive by 6:45 pm and will be seated as a group (separate from main audience). Participation is optional; participants are encouraged to wear something colorful.
- El Cerrito After-Care Program – talk to Anthony about performing if your child is in aftercare at the clubhouse! Participants should arrive by 6:45 pm and will be seated as a group.
- Beginning & Advanced Band – band musicians should arrive between 6:30-6:45 pm with their instruments, wearing white shirts and black pants/skirts/shorts. Musicians will be seated as a group.
Stop by the PTA treat table on the way out and buy a dessert to help support next year’s Point Bonita trip!
Band parents – please sign up to volunteer for this event at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WH0MITpUhS5yRzUoREnGNiyqNRKx5ZjSDir8VpFHrnw/edit?usp=sharing.
Multicultural Spring Festival April 27th
The Multicultural Spring Festival will be held Friday, April 27th at 6pm in the MPR. This free multicultural event will have crafts, games, music, dance and presentations about the different cultural backgrounds of Fairmont Families. We invite everyone to participate and present their culture by sharing food, dancing, singing or bringing a cultural game, activity, or craft. You may also make poster presentations about the country you or your parents are from and wear traditional costumes as well. If you would like to participate please let us know by Friday, April 21st by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message in the office PTA box.
Auction and Disney raffle a Success!
Our Mad Hatter Auction raised close to $9000 this year and our Disney Raffle made $4,735.00!
Winner of $50 for the Most Sold Tickets & raised the most money ($210), is: Anahi V. from Ms Burnett's Class - Room 5!
We would also like to acknowledge Daniel M. in Ms Marshall's Class-Room 12 & Jason K. in Ms Kaubles's Class-Room P4 for each selling $200 of raffle tickets!
Winner of the Pizza Party for raising the most money ($745) Is Ms Marshall's Class - Room 7.
Congratulations to them and thank you to all the Fairmont Families for helping make our auction & raffle a success!
There will be no general PTA meeting for the month of April but we will be holding our elections during our May meeting on Thursday the 24th at 6pm. We are looking for any at will volunteers for secretary and we need people to help serve on several committees. If you are interested in getting more involved at the school in any way, please email April at email@example.com.
Ways to Support Fairmont
Now is the time to get involved at Fairmont.
Join the PTA! It's easy and a great way to show your child that you support their education. Membership forms are available in the school office. Join today!
Donate! While you can donate when you join the PTA, you can donate any time by clicking on the green "Donate" button on the school web site. Friends and family are also encouraged to donate money to support Fairmont programs. Visit http://fairmontschool.org/donate now!
Volunteer! If you haven't already filled out our annual Volunteer Survey, please complete it online. Just go to: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1r3Q13_RqJ5msFvidsfq_hfiJywe_8QeZ16zDX2ynJWA/viewform. Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Your Badge! Apply today for your volunteer badge. These badges let you help in class, on field trips, and more. Start your application at: http://bit.ly/1IUagO8
Thanks so much for your help and for getting involved with Fairmont!
- April 16 - School Site Council meeting 3pm (open to public)
- April 19 - Open House/ Minimum Day
- April 21 - Earth Day (9-Noon)/ Atcha Thai Fundraiser (11:30-3 and 5-9pm)
- April 25 - Spring Concert
- April 27 - Multicultural Festival
Park Facilities Meeting
Join the Conversation About the Future of El Cerrito’s Parks & Recreation!
To date, the community outreach process for the El Cerrito Parks and Recreation Facilities Master Plan has included an online survey and online mapping forum, two community workshops, and a series of stakeholder interviews.
Themes that have emerged as important to the community so far include:
· Youth recreation – toddler amenities, teen programming, youth enrichment opportunities
· To update and improve the City’s existing recreation facilities and programs
· The Hillside Natural Area and Ohlone Greenway as valued recreation amenities that are unique to El Cerrito
· Improved general maintenance in the City’s parks and recreation facilities
· Pedestrian access throughout the City’s parks and recreation network – walking, hiking and biking
· A Senior Center as an important recreation amenity
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your voice heard. There will be two more Public Meetings on Thursday, April 26th from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at the El Cerrito Community Center and on Wednesday, May 23rd from 6:30 to 8:30pm at City Hall, 10890 San Pablo Ave.
For more information, please visit www.el-cerrito.org/ParksMP
To view this newsletter in Spanish and many other languages, use the Translate drop-down menu.