Some helpful online resources for parents and students:
Common Core State Standards — http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/cc/
California's Department of Education page describes the grade level standards required under the new standards.
Khan Academy — http://www.khanacademy.org/
Over 4,000 short videos that can help students with learning concepts in a wide variety of areas, such as math, science or history.
Treasures Reading Program — http://treasures.macmillanmh.com/national/students
Online site from McGraw-Hill to accompany the school district's new Treasures reading program.
Other Academically Oriented Sites Used at Fairmont
- www.MobyMax.com : We are exploring this site for its links to Common Core. The kids like it because as they complete lessons/quizzes online, they earn "game time" for the site.
- www.xtramath.com : This is a site to help with basic math fact fluency. Good for all grades and the teacher can receive reports of how much progress the students are making.
District Curriculum Sites
- www.pearsonsuccessnet.com Science textbook, resources, and quizzes for all grade levels-if their teacher has signed them up.
- www.everydaymathonline.com Math reference book, home connection letters (in multiple languages), and EDM games that students may already be playing in their classroom.
- Treasures language program link for students/families
- http://www.macmillanmh.com/ss/ca/eng/index.html Social Studies website. This is an older site with fewer resources.